As a Sonoran Desert Institute student and member of the United States Armed Forces, you deserve recognition for your academic achievements and contributions. SALUTE stands for Service, Academics, Leadership, Unity, Tribute, and Excellence. SALUTE is the first honor society created for student veterans and military at two- and four-year higher education institutions nationwide. SALUTE has since expanded to graduate students. For more information about the Salute Honor Society, please visit their website at http://salute.colostate.edu/home.
**Membership in SALUTE requires a one-time lifetime membership fee, a link for payment will be emailed to you upon acceptance.
To attain membership into SALUTE as an undergraduate student, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be currently enrolled or a graduate from the Sonoran Desert Institute in the Associate of Science in Firearms Technology degree program.
- Completed at least 12 course credits at the Sonoran Desert Institute.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Qualify as a military or veteran student under locally-derived and maintained definitions. Applicant must submit a copy of the DD-214 that displays the character of service (honorable discharge) (if not already on file with SDI).
- Have a “Good Standing” status in the areas of academics and financial aid; maintain the highest ethical standards.